Improved Brine Performance for Optimal Snow Removal
Headwaters Hot Brine Enhancer provides corrosion protection while improving your brine performance.
Headwaters Hot Inhibitor improves the melting capabilities of your salt brine while reducing corrosion. Brine treated with the Headwaters Hot is anticipated to melt 18% more snow and ice than brine alone in the first 20 minutes after applying at 15°F while still adhering to the road. The melting power allows snow fighters to apply the treated brine at lower temperatures while disrupting the bonding of snow and ice to the road. The end results are cleaner, safer road surfaces while reducing your chloride foot print resulting in less rock salt being applied as a post treatment.
This deicing innovation bundles our bio-based, biodegradable clean inhibitor with a powerful brine enhancer. The free-flowing product is designed to reduce corrosion by 70% meeting PNS A-2 Type 1.
Appearance: Clear to Orange
Freeze Point: 0°F
Weight: 11.02 lbs/gal
Water Miscibility: Complete
Addition Rate: 10-20%
• Cost effective
• Easy to store
• Reduces the number of applications
• Reduces quantity used
• Prevents ice and snow adhesion, making removal easier
• Less corrosive
• Apply initially at 15-30 gallons per lane mile
• Apply when pavement temperatures are at or below 32°F
• Straight stream nozzles
Benefits for anti-icing applications include:
• Prevents snow and ice from bonding to the pavement, allowing for easier removal
• Lowers maintenance cost by reducing the amount of applications and quantities needed
• Freeze point to -0°F
• Apply initially at 45-80 gallons per lane mile, depending on accumulation, adjusting the amount as needed to meet local conditions
• Apply using stream nozzles
• Allow to penetrate the accumulation of snow/ice, then remove as usual
Benefits for deicing applications include:
• Eats through hard-pack conditions when spread along the pavement
• Breaks the bond between the pavement and snow/ice, allowing for easier removal
• Apply at 5-10 gallons per ton of salt at the spinner
• Adjust amount as needed to meet local conditions
Benefits for pre-wetting applications include:
• The blend enhances the de-icing performance of the dry salt
• Creates a “hot load” accelerating the melting process
• Reduces bounce and scatter losses by 4%
• Uses less salt and achieves the same results
Note: All suggested usage levels should be considered as starting points and adjusted based on operator experience to meet local conditions, such as current air temperature, precipitation, and traffic volume.
Custom Winter Sentry blends are available upon request.
Contact Harmoney Deicing—Illinois top snow removal products and liquid deicing supplier—to learn more.